Your Klean Kanteen is made from durable, 18/8 (#304) stainless steel and is designed to be lightweight yet extremely strong. If you take care of it, it may very well last your lifetime. Listed below are a few tips and resources to help keep your bottle fresh and clean over the long haul.
- HOW TO CLEAN YOUR KLEAN KANTEEN WATER BOTTLE
- HOW TO REPLACE A SILICONE GASKET
- HOW TO USE YOUR KLEAN KANTEEN GROWLER
- WASHING YOUR BOTTLES, CUPS, CANISTERS AND CAPS
- Our Classic and Wide-mouth bottles (in Brushed Stainless finish) are dishwasher safe. As are our pint cup and single-wall food canisters.
- We recommend handwashing painted and all vacuum insulated bottles, vacuum insulated tumblers and vacuum-insulated canisters.
- For thorough cleaning, you can use warm, soapy water and a bottle brush. We also recommend an old-fashioned cleaner: mixing water and baking soda making a nice thick paste.
- If your bottle or cap seems to be retaining flavours or smells, use diluted vinegar and soak them in it overnight. NOTE: the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap should not be soaked or immersed.
- All Kid Kanteen and Classic caps (except the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Caps) and all Wide caps are dishwasher safe. The Café Cap is dishwasher safe and the rotating piece on the top also pops out for thorough cleaning.
- The original Stainless Loop and Flat Caps must be handwashed because they were constructed with two materials: stainless steel (threads) and polypropylene (top), because of such they must be handwashed to ensure that water doesn't work itself into the stainless cavity.
- MAINTENANCE KITS
- Reduce. Reuse. Repair… Our Maintenance Kits are designed to do just that. Our kits include o-rings, gaskets and gaskets tools -- a no-fuss fix that extends the life of your bottle so it's running as long as you are. Available for both Classic and Wide caps.
- UNIBODY BAMBOO CAP CARE AND USE
Handwash only! Not dishwasher safe. DO NOT submerge in water, expose to high temperatures or harsh detergents. Scrub with warm soapy water, rinse and dry immediately. To prolong the life of the bamboo, treat periodically with mineral oil (standard cutting block oil) or bees wax (w/mineral oil).